We discovered something DELICIOUS tonight! Tacos were our featured main dish for tonight. However, when I went to my cupboard to get my seasoning packet out, I came up empty-handed. So, I quickly went to the Food Network site and searched "tacos." I found Robin Miller's recipe for Beef Tacos in which she uses the following to season her meat. Fortunately, I had the ingredients on hand, and whipped up this great, healthy dish. It was fantastic!
1/2 c. chili sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1 can diced green chilis
Adobo con Pimienta seasoning to taste (I added this for a little something extra.)
Combine that with browned meat.
Bon appetit, mi amigos (I hope the pronoun is used accurately; I don't know Spanish, but I'm attempting anyway. :-) )
10 years ago

3 comments:
Sounds good but what is adobo con pimienta?? I've never heard of it.
Hey Melissa! Love the blog. You'll have to visit ours sometime.
I am with the commenter above...what is adobo con pimienta? I still wouldn't be able to make tacos with those ingredients simply because I don't have those on hand! *sigh* I need to better myself in this area. *sigh again* :)
So, I finally get around to answering your questions about the seasoning. Sorry about that!! I am going to try to be more vigilant about this blog. Adobo is a hispanic seasoning, but you can find it on the regular seasoning aisle. There are some with pepper and some without. It's a blend of garlic, cumin, and some other things -- a GREAT all-purpose seasoning.
Post a Comment