Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Roarin' Fun at Riverbanks

What a fun holiday we had on Monday! We travelled to Columbia, SC, where we met up with the Seguine family. Dan and I (Melissa) met back during orientation our Freshman year. We were in the same ward and Y group and shared lots of good times with lots of great friends. Just recently, I ran into Dan and Tricia in Charleston, and we were able to connect our families and add to our fun memories. Sixteen years ago, when we were up on Y mountain with all of those crazy cats, would you have ever guessed we'd see each other again at Riverbanks Zoo with some fun, cute kids in tow? Wow! How perspective changes!! And, I must add that Dan found a great match with Tricia! They have an awesome family, and we appreciate them taking time to be with us.
Well, of course, our kids loved the zoo and the new friends. Carter and Thayer discovered that they were almost 3 months to the day a part in terms of birthdays; how cool! Off the bat, I think Thayer may have employed his standard line: "Hi, I'm Thayer. You want to play tag?" And, I think Carter accepted it. They seemed to have great fun -- like they'd always known each other.
Hope you enjoy these fun pics from our day at Riverbanks Zoo!

Carter and Thayer

Oh, the wonder!


A Teaching Moment


Close encounter




Like mother like daugher -- it's a hand communication thing



"Merry" Times


Courtney's hair (sorry about that!), Thayer, Carter, Vivienne, and Bella



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

Vivienne is so adorable! You have such a cute family!

By the way, long story short, I like Palin.