Another first for us was the crop of sweet potatoes that I discovered was ready to harvest. From just two plants, we got about a 1/2 bushel of potatoes. They are delicious!! Yeah!! We finally grew something. Well, actually, we discovered that yellow squash, zucchini, and jalapeno peppers also like WELL-DRAINED, SANDY soil, since that is what our garden spot was in this year. Actually, Rob and our neighbor put in a French drain system in the back yard, and much of it runs directly below it. So, it is probably a little over-drained for most gardening. However, those things loved it this year! We're still getting peppers. Oh, confederate rose bushes like it, too. Ours is HUGE -- still waiting on the blooms to explode in their splendor. Another picture opportunity. . .
And, finally, the last "first" to round out the week was my launch party for Southern Living at HOME. Thanks to all who came! It was a great success!! And, it was great to have so many friends there to support me in this new adventure.
We're looking forward to another great week . . . and more A's in conduct. Keep your fingers crossed!


5 comments:
Looks yummy! I am jealous, I am scared to try gardening here in the land of the sun!
Love, Jess
Awesome on the garden. They are so rewarding.
Wow! I'm so impressed with your produce - excellent job! Congratulations to Thayer on his great conduct and wishing him a great school year. Congratulations to you - I'm glad your first get Southern Living get together was so successful!
Thayer is looking way too grown up. Is there a way to make kids stop growing up?
Way to go on the garden. Sounds like you're going to be a busy lady in the kitchen using up all your home-grown produce. Nothing tastes better.
Congrats on jumping into something new! I've been invited to a couple parties here recently and the products are beautiful. I'm sure you'll be a fireball.
Hi Melissa! What a handsome boy on his first day of school! I love first grade, it's the best! Tell Thayer Aunt Marianne says hello!
Your sweet potatoes are fabulous! We are currently up to our necks in tomatoes, peppers, onions, and cucumbers. We have made at least a gallon of salsa, YUM!
Post a Comment