10 years ago
Monday, July 14, 2008
Thayer's Favorites
I found these pictures that Thayer hand-selected to take to his school during the last few weeks of school when he as crowned the Star Student of the Week. Many of you have been involved in the various stages that these shots cover, so I wanted to share them with you tonight before I signed off. They highlight his fond memories of vacationing near Lake Tahoe and living in Paris, TX; Temple, TX; San Antonio, TX; Tuscon, AZ; and North Augusta. As I look at them, I am reminded of such good times in all of those places: I wish I could hop back to the Whistle Stop Playground or go to Temple playgroups or go trick-or-treating in the library or make pepper jelly with Rachelle or play in the street with the Boyles and the Evans or hike in the Rincons with the Scotts or use our pass to San Antonio's Sea World (we never got to go to the water park) -- just to name a few things on the list. Wow! Vivienne would feel deprived if she realized all of the places Thayer's gotten to visit. How blessed we've been to have had him in our lives during such periods of growth and friendships! Thanks to so many of you who have been there in this journey. With a smile on my face, I can absolutely say how happy I am to have travelled these roads with you, too!! Sweet memories. . .I want our paths to cross again soon . . .sweet dreams. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Yep, some of those pictures are how we remember Thayer. One thing I will never forget is when we took Camden and Thayer to ride their bikes at Lions Park and I forgot to teach Camden how to put on the brakes and he went screaming down the hill- I couldn't do anything about it. He crashed and burned- luckily not too badly. Those were fun times. It's fun to see your little girl, too! She is beautiful.
Look how much has happened in his little life! I have such great memories of your short-lived stint here. Making pepper jelly by myself just isn't the same. I tried it once after you left and haven't attempted it again since :)
We loved playing in the street. I loved watching Thayer learn how to ride a bike and zoom up the curbs instead of stopping.
I forgot about the curbs! Thanks for the reminder. That was funny the way he used to do that. FYI, he has moved on to brakes -- even hand brakes; however, he had a pretty big accident a couple of years ago (speaking of refining his braking skills) on Mother's Day that left him pretty bloody and seeing the dentist several times over subsequent months. Oh, well! We've moved on to permanent teeth, so all is well!
And, by the way, Rachelle, it's that season again to make the jelly! We're supposed to be doing that next week. Would you like some?
Becky,the ride with Camden goes down in the books! Thanks for the memory!!
Melissa, it's been great to see your blog and catch up with your sweet family. We miss you guys too and the fun memories. Let's talk soon...
Post a Comment