Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach Trip: Day 1 1/2

My family's beach trip is off to an eventful start already, and it's only been something like 36 hours since we got here. From the posted pictures, you'll see that Thayer has caught fish and made friends (before we even got the chairs set out). Vivienne continues to squeal with excitement every time she sees the water, although you would not know it from her picture. She is much more serious by nature than Thayer. Example: Today she sat on the shore and let the water flow in around her. In fact, she sat there and "coaxed" it towards her, using her hands to motion for it. In an attempt to get that on film, I got the picture you see here. I guess, the "water whisperer" was taking this a whole lot more seriously than I thought.
Also, I ran into an old pal of mine from my BYU days. Yes, almost 16 years ago this August, during orientation, I met a great group of friends -- some of which I still keep in touch with and many that I wish I knew where they are today. Well, I got the opportunity to find out about one of those people in person at church this morning. After the meeting, I stood up, turned around, and up walked Dan Seguine and his cute wife Tricia. Wow! The past just flew back at me and a smile just hasn't been able to leave my face since. They were here having a fun weekend together, like Rob and I did last week. (I will post about that when I get home and can download pictures. Stay tuned. . .). SO GREAT to see y'all!! That will have to be on my top 3 things about this vacation for sure. Well, it's late, kids will arise early, and I'm here without my much better half -- for a week. Yikes! I can feel the dark circles setting in. . . Good night.

3 comments:

Dan said...

It was such a WONDERFUL surprise to run into you, the kids (so adorable and handsome, respectively) and your parents at church! There are blessings for being in the place you ought to be, when you ought to be there. Tricia and I have been so excited ever since and hope we can all get together soon.

The only sad part was that Rob was not there with you. For you a wonderful way to begin the vacation. For us a wonderful way to end our vacation. My 34th birthday will be one of the more memorable ones as I received the gift of an old friendship.

One quick aside, from Tricia's blog, you can reach (under Friends We've Had Forever) Loni, Tate (under Andi, his wife), and Rob (under Tamsen, his wife).

Melissa and Company said...

Thanks for the tips! I can't wait to get together with y'all really soon! Happy travels this week. . .

Dan said...

Melissa--In classic fashion, I cannot find the piece of paper with your email. Tricia is quite put out with me. Could you send her an email (if you still have ours)? Sorry!