Thursday, April 30, 2009

Catching Up

Hi, friends! I've had a few of you contact me to see if things were going well, since I seem to be fading in and out of the blogging world these days. The answer is "Yes, I'm fine" but thanks so much for asking.

The last couple of months have been a bit busy, as I'm sure you can relate to. I did end up having some surgery -- the same thing I had back in my Temple, Texas days -- and it took me quite a bit longer to get back into the swing. Additionally, my dear grandmother is fading on us. Although she is still here, I feel like a part of her has gone away from us. Her mind is really getting disconnected, and she seems to quickly be losing most of her short-term memory. This poses real problems, especially since she lives by herself. So, now, although she gets angry about it, she does need more care, and I am glad that I am here to help with that a bit. Afterall, she has done so much for me in my life; it's time I paid her back!

So, with all of that said, the next few posts above are a look into what we've been doing since February.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Melissa

No comments: