10 years ago
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Thayer Turns 6
Wow! We have one fired-up 6-year-old in our home now. He's excited about life and fears only thunderstorms (or voices of angels -- but that's another blog entry to come -- stay tuned!). We began his celebration at Grandma Rie's house on Monday night. Thayer got introduced to both whistling and trick candles; he wasn't too sold on either, but, thanks, Nana, for trying. I thought it was pretty cool, especially the "Happy Birthday" song fueled by a flaming candle. Then, Tuesday found us celebrating with friends at The Pink Dipper Ice Cream Parlour in North Augusta. This place's "institutional" status was confirmed when over half of the moms, grandmoms, or babysitters dropping off children for the party took a step back as they entered the party room exclaiming, "Wow! I haven't been in here since my --- party." Yes, we've all had them there at one point in time or another, so now it was Thayer's turn to enjoy that rite of passage. We had about 13 kids attend, and we appreciate all of them taking the time to share their friendship with Thayer! Then, Thayer finished off the day with a swim meet that brought him first, second, and third-place heat finishes. We are so proud of his hard work this season; he's turning into quite a great little swimmer! Enjoy the show!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Happy Birthday! Way to go on the swim meet as well . . . taking after your dad.
i know i wish i was still there.. but i will see yall soon in like a month! they were taken at the beach with tyler... the lemon picture was going to be my facebook picture but i decided against it..for now!
Melissa, you have a very nice blog. Keep up the good work. Such cute pics. Love how your daughter was spraying her big brother....you could almost see in a bubble above her head...
Ha, Ha, I got you now!
Melissa!!!!!!!!! I wish I could run and give you a big hug right now! I hope you don't mind me finding you through Rachelle's blog, ...you bring me back to some fun TX memories and I can't believe how big Thayer is. I mean, I realize Camden is 6 too, but I you don't realize that everyone else is growing up too. Your baby girl is so cute. (jealous). I had a fourth boy. He is 16 months old. I am so happy you guys are doing so well. You look great! Miss you.
Becky
Post a Comment