Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I did it!

If you ever need a cathartic experience, just sign up to speak to your local school board. I did that tonight, and I feel like a new woman. Maybe it's the fact that my university's motto "Enter to learn. Go forth to serve." keeps ringing in my head. We'll see what comes of things; I mean I am just one person. But, my friend Julie was there with me to show support, and I love and appreciate her so much for that!!! And, if anyone that was there in attendance reads this, thank you, too, for your ardent applause. That was a really cool experience! I even got stopped and thanked by a few people in the grocery store (had to get a few things).

We are going to now have the area meetings that I ask for in the letters (and that our local board members Ray Fleming and Keith Liner have been pushing for) below, so I'm excited about that. As I write this, the Board is in executive session discussing the budget issues before us. I look forward to seeing the news and reading the morning's paper tomorrow; we had lots of good press there, which is so key to getting these issues out and discussed.

Hark! Is that a cougar I here? Go blue!!

4 comments:

The Brockwell Family said...

Sorry I wasn't there to see your show. I know you did great. Thanks for speaking on behalf of all of us. We really appreciate it!

Marianne said...

Good for you Melissa! I am so proud of you! I hope everything goes the way you all need it too.

Go White!

The Hayes Family said...

I would have loved to have been there! I am sure you did an AMAZING job! I wish I had your energy!

Melissa and Company said...

Thanks y'all for the comments! I've had some good input this week from a few folks around town. I hope that people will just get to really talking about this and voicing their concerns to the right people.